4th meeting Avineck
The 4th meeting of the interdisciplinary Avineck research group took place in the Cévennes in south-central France. The field trip organized by Olivier Duriez (CEFE, Centre d'Ecologie Fonctionelle & Evolutive, UMR 5175 CNRS Montpellier) and Anick Abourachid (project coordinator and professor at UMR 7179 CNRS/Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris).
- afternoon: arrival of all participants
- introductory presentation by Olivier Duriez about the geology, fauna & flora of the Cévennes
- excursion 1: observation of vultures
- morning: presentations by students and researchers on recent advances & future prospectives
- excursion 2: filming of vultures during eating